Journal Club #11 – Monday 4th - Friday 8th April 2022
Chairs: James Garrard @jamie_garr and Siobhan McCormack @siobhanmccorm
Read James and Siobhan's biographies.
How to run a journal club.
Throughout the week, we were thinking about how to run a successful journal club. Across Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook, we posted questions and facilitated discussion and conversation - and invited your thoughts and comments. These were the questions we explored:
- What is a journal club, and why are they important?
- How should a journal club be organised?
- How do you select relevant papers?
- How to present at a journal club?
- What methods can be used to critically appraise a paper, and why is this important?
- How to decide if the results can be translated into evidence-based practice?
- What kind of journal clubs have you taken part in during your training/practice?
Below is a summary of responses:
Journal Clubs can be joined by using the hashtag #CochraneTrainees and following CochraneUK