- What is Evidence Synthesis and why do we need it? An introductory video can be found here.
- What is Cochrane? Learn more about Cochrane and Cochrane Library
- Create a Cochrane Account
- Learn about health evidence and making informed health choices in the free Evidence Essentials course
- Find out more about Cochrane UK and Evidently Cochrane
- Patient and public involvement in research: What, why and how? Find out more in healthtalk.org
- Find out more about Cochrane UK's Evidence for Everyday Health Choices blog series and Understanding Evidence blog series
- Understanding Health Evidence in COVID-19 times
- Join a community of patients, carers and family members in the Cochrane Consumer Network.
- Join the Cochrane Consumers Network on Facebook
- Follow Cochrane on social media (Twitter, Facebook and/or LinkedIn)
- Follow Cochrane UK on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Instagram)
- Offer your skills and experience in Cochrane TaskExchange, a platform for anyone interested in being involved in producing Cochrane Evidence. Browse available tasks, connect with members of the community and offer to take on tasks that interest you.
- Find out how to get involved in Cochrane Crowd. Introductory videos can be found here and here.
- Be involved with a relevant Cochrane Review Group.
- Do you want to peer review or comment on a Cochrane Review? Find out more here and here.
- How to share Cochrane Evidence? Top tips to work with social media.
- Find out more about Cochrane UK’s outreach programme, and watch a 30-minute recording of a talk 'An Introduction to Evidence-Based Medicine'
- Read about patient experiences in Evidently Cochrane
- Hear from consumers talking about engaging consumers and the benefits of including the consumer voice in health research and Cochrane:
- How one young man’s health condition enabled him to be involved in research (3 minutes)
- May Griffiths: A Carer’s Journey of Involvement in Research (6 minutes)
- Engaging consumers (5 minutes)
- Consumers’ voices (9 minutes)
- Cochrane Consumer Network (10 minutes)
- Patient and Public Involvement in the CASTLE study for childhood epilepsy (7 minutes)
- Mary’s involvement in a Healthy Parent Carer Study (3 minutes)
- Consumers United for Evidence-based Health Care (7 minutes)
Find out more
- Book: Testing treatments (free to read and download)
- TED talk: Battling bad science (11 minute video)
- TED Ed: How statistics can be misleading - Mark Liddell (5 minutes video)
- Cochrane: https://cochrane.org
- Cochrane Consumer Network: https://consumers.cochrane.org/
- Cochrane Library: https://www.cochranelibrary.com/
- Evidently Cochrane: http://www.evidentlycochrane.net/
- Students 4 Best Evidence: https://www.students4bestevidence.net/
- Glossary: https://community.cochrane.org/glossary