If you would like to access the training, please check the eligibility criteria below and then submit your registration.
Cochrane UK host a free, distance learning course for Cochrane authors based in the UK or authors affiliated with UK-based Cochrane Review Groups.
This course has been designed specifically for an online audience. It uses a range of interactive activities to support learning including discussion forums, lectures, tutorials, interactive learning modules, and online workshops and web clinics.
It aims to support authors conducting Cochrane Reviews, in particular intervention reviews. In addition to learning more about Cochrane methods, authors will benefit from individualised support from a pool of expert facilitators.
- 100% online course allows you to learn from experts in systematic reviews and Cochrane methods, wherever you are
- Modular course allows you to learn key concepts and get expert input tailored to the stage of your protocol and review, and fit learning around your other commitments
- Flexible learning, with no entry points, that allows you to complete the full course (8 modules) or specific modules, at any time. You don’t necessarily need to complete the full course in a sequence. However, this is recommended if you have never attended Review Author training
- Online workshops and sessions with skilled facilitators offer you a unique opportunity to ask questions about your review and receive tailored advice to support you in conducting a high-quality Cochrane review
- You must be a Cochrane Author AND
- Be based in the UK OR
- Affiliated with a UK-based Cochrane Review Group (CRG) OR
- Conducting a Cochrane protocol/Review in one of these topic areas*:
Bone, Joint and Muscle Trauma
Common Mental Disorders
Cystic Fibrosis and Genetic Disorders
Dementia and Cognitive Improvement
Effective Practice and Organisation of Care
Ear, Nose and Throat
Gynaecological, Neuro-oncology and Orphan Cancer
Pain, Palliative and Supportive Care
Pregnancy and Childbirth
*Topic areas within the remit of NIHR-funded CRGs
- Module 1: Introduction to conducting systematic reviews
- Module 2: Developing your protocol
- Module 3: Identifying studies & extracting data
- Module 4: Risk of bias and research integrity
- Module 5: Data analysis (part I)
- Module 6: Data analysis (part II)
- Module 7: GRADE assessment
- Module 8: Finalising your review
Authors are expected to undertake approximately 4-8 hours of study per module.
You can choose to complete the full course by working your way through the modules sequentially, or you can complete specific modules of your choice.
In addition to the online learning resources designed specifically for this course, we strongly recommend authors to attend the live workshops and web clinics. Full details, dates, and times of these sessions can be found once you have access to the platform.
If you have attended Cochrane UK's Review Author training in the past, you may consider Modules 2-3 to replace RA1 and RA2, and modules 5-7 as equivalent to RA3 and RA4. You may still find it helpful to review or complete specific modules as this new format is much more comprehensive.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to access the training, please submit your registration.
Should you have any queries, contact us on email@example.com.
The short video below will give you a tour of the learning platform.