- What is Evidence-Based Medicine and why is it important when making decisions about our health?
- How can we find out if a treatment is effective and safe?
- Why is it important to look behind the headlines?
We explore these questions, and more, in the video below. The content is aimed at sixth form students hoping to study medicine at university. It will also be of interest more generally to those interested in learning about evidence and how to critically question health information and advice.
References and further reading
- Useful evidence-based links and further reading
- Answers to questions about the common cold (featured in the video at 10 minutes 59 seconds)
Links to videos mentioned in the video:
The PICO framework is explained in this three minute video by Cochrane UK competition winner, Sarah Tanveer
Find out more and get in touch
- Information about the talks Cochrane UK run in schools
- Please get in touch with Lynda Ware or Selena Ryan-Vig with any questions or feedback via: firstname.lastname@example.org