Launch week: 22nd - 26th February 2016
Evidence for Everyday Health Choices (#EEHealthChoices) is our new series for anyone wanting trustworthy health evidence to help them make choices. This information can be hard to access. We’ll do lots of the work for you, giving you short summaries and letting you know where you can find out more if you want to. This isn’t a new approach for us, but creating a specific series for everyday health choices should make it quicker and easier for you to find what you need. We’ve done the same for nurses and midwives, with a series for each.
Launch week #EEHealthChoices content:
- An introduction to the Everyday Health Choices campaign, and what we've got lined up for the launch week.
- Monday's blog looks at the evidence on retainers, based on a 2016 review from the Cochrane Oral Health Group, and is written by 15 year old retainer-wearing Liv Chapman.
- Tuesday's blog is written by Professor Martin Burton, who takes a look at a new Cochrane Review on water protection for children with grommets.
- Wednesday's blog is written by pelvic physiotherapist and comedian Elaine Miller, on the topic of constipation.
- Thursday brings a slide cast by Senior Fellow in General Practice, Lynda Ware. She discusses the history of Evidence-Based Medicine, the real evidence behind the headlines and how we can can make informed health choices. Watch below or click to watch on YouTube.
- Friday's blog - the last in our launch week for Evidence for Everyday Health Choices - is written by Sarah Chapman and features Eddie Izzard and his marathon challenge for Sport Relief, with evidence on running-related muscle soreness and soft tissue injury and pain relief.
- Friday's blog made it into the Mail Online: Why do some people NEVER get running injuries? And is it worth shelling out on expensive trainers and insoles? Here, experts reveal all... by Madlen Davies and Sarah Chapman.
Retainers - bit.ly/1oWYaAX
Water precautions for children with grommets - bit.ly/1XJSZA6
Whole-body cryotherapy - bit.ly/1RfPJt0
Topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for acute musculoskeletal pain - bit.ly/1BOvL5n
Antibiotics for sore throat - bit.ly/1MjFDFO
If you would like to hear more about our future campaigns, join our campaign communications mailing list to receive all campaign content to share with your networks. Emails will only be sent out just before each campaign is launched.
To sign up, click here.