Announcing our competition for health professionals to win free registration to the 2017 Cochrane UK & Ireland symposium.
Each year, we organize an annual symposium for all of our networks, including UK- and Ireland-based Cochrane contributors, researchers, health professionals, students, charities, patient advocates, and other interested groups.
The 2017 symposium will take place at Keble College, Oxford on the 14th and 15th March 2017. The theme is ‘Cochrane: Through the Looking Glass’.
To enter the competition, you must be a health professional working in either the UK or Ireland. If you are a student health professional, please enter the student competition on Students 4 Best Evidence.
The prize includes:
- Free registration to attend both days of the symposium.
- Accommodation at Keble College (for the night of the 14th March 2017).
- Reasonable travel expenses. E.g. Standard class train fare.
Create a resource to share a Cochrane review, relevant to your practice, with your colleagues.
It could be a blog, poster, infographic, prezi, video or some other format! Maybe you’ve used Cochrane evidence to inform your practice – you could share that story along with information about the review.
Think about what your colleagues will need to know. For example:
- What question is the review addressing and why is the review important?
- Briefly, what did the review authors do (e.g. how many studies did they include in the review)?
- What are the main findings?
- How certain can we be about the findings (e.g. what caveats are there and what is the quality of the evidence?)
- What are the implications of the review for your practice?
Entries will be assessed on their clarity, accuracy, and ability to engage the target audience.
Choose your review from the Cochrane Library (ideally a review that has been published within the last few years).
The deadline for the competition is 31st January 2017. Winners will be notified by 8th February.
Please email your entries to email@example.com with your name, job title and place of work. By entering the competition you are agreeing to Cochrane UK publishing your entry.