Cochrane UK is funding the opportunity for two patients, carers or patient advocates to attend Cochrane London 2023. Taking place 4th-6th September 2023, this is Cochrane’s annual healthcare evidence conference.
Please note, applications have now closed and the winners have been notified.
Successful applicants will get:
- Free registration to attend the Colloquium (Monday 4th - Wednesday 6th September 2023), including lunches and attendance at the evening social event (Tuesday 5th) [worth £495 per person]
- Accommodation at a reasonably-priced hotel in London, if required (up to three nights, which can include the nights of Sunday 3rd, Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th)
- Reasonable travel expenses. For example, a standard class return train fare.
If you need to be accompanied by a carer in order to attend, the prize can also cover their registration fees and reasonable expenses.
Attending a large conference can be daunting, but there will be plenty of support. We will put the two prize recipients in touch with one another and other Cochrane consumers* before the event. We would like to invite the prize recipients to participate in the Colloquium and will work with the successful candidates to find a role that suits them.
Who can apply?
- be living in the UK
- be either:
- a patient, or someone with personal experience of a health condition
- a caregiver or family member who is involved with someone with a health condition
- someone who represents (or advocates for) patients and carers
- have an interest in healthcare research (but not necessarily prior experience)
Please get in touch with any questions by emailing email@example.com
*Cochrane uses the term ‘consumer’ to include patients (or people with personal experience of a health condition), health and social care service users, caregivers and family members who are involved with someone with a health condition, and people who represent (or advocate for) patients and carers.