RA1 is targeted at authors who are at the very beginning of the review process and includes small group discussions around each authors review question. This workshop also incorporates an introduction to RevMan, and the appropriate procedures for working on a protocol using RevMan.
Should I attend?
This workshop is suitable if you:
- have registered a review title about interventions, and are ready to begin writing your protocol
- have little or no experience in systematic reviews
- you are experiencing difficulty defining the scope of your review
What will be covered?
- Sections of a Cochrane protocol
- Defining the population, interventions, comparators and outcomes
- Using RevMan to set up your protocol
How is the workshop run?
We use a mixture of teaching styles, but this workshop is based mainly around small group discussions to develop and refine the Background and Objectives sections of your protocol.
What will I achieve?
By the end of the workshop, you should:
- be confident of the question your review is addressing and the implications for the review methods you will use
- understand the scope of your review
- have entered the Criteria for Selecting Studies and Objectives sections of the protocol into RevMan