Cochrane UK welcomes students on placement. During this time, students will have the opportunity to learn more about the work of Cochrane UK, its relationship with Cochrane globally, and to work on projects related to Students 4 Best Evidence, a student blogging website supported by Cochrane UK.
In 2019 we will be offering one 4 week placement from Monday 2nd to Friday 27th September.
We accept a maximum of six students at any one time and anyone meeting the criteria below is welcome to apply:
- You must be currently registered on a health-related course (undergraduate or postgraduate) at a university in the UK or Ireland
- You should have a keen interest in and enthusiasm for evidence-based healthcare practice
- You should be a good team player with the ability to work in a collaborative manner with others, and also be an independent, self-directed learner
- You must have the funds to support travel to Oxford and accommodation & subsistence in Oxford for 4 weeks as unfortunately Cochrane UK has no funds to support students. You will also need your own laptop
Cochrane UK will provide those on placement with:
- A friendly, supportive work environment
- A structured induction programme to Cochrane UK’s team and work
- Opportunities to work and learn more about all key aspects of Cochrane’s UK work, particularly Students 4 Best Evidence
- Appropriate supervision/guidance to enable them to undertake and complete specific pieces of work
If you would like to apply please send your CV with a covering letter setting out how you meet these criteria and what you personally would like to achieve in your time at Cochrane UK to email@example.com. Please do this before the deadline of Wednesday 1st May 2019. Shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed by Skype by two members of the Cochrane UK team at a mutually convenient time and notified of their decision within one week.
If you would like to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org