We are inviting applications from people who would like to be ‘Cochrane UK Consumer Champions’.
What is the aim of the role?
The aim of this role is to develop links with wider groups and networks of potential Cochrane consumers. This will involve:
- raising awareness of Cochrane’s work within the community;
- advocating for wider use of Cochrane’s work within consumer groups and organisations;
- promoting consumer involvement within Cochrane and Cochrane Groups;
- providing a connection between Cochrane and consumers.
What will the role involve?
The role will be very flexible. You will be able to focus on tasks that you have a particular interest in to ensure you can use your expertise to support the aims of the initiative. Some of the tasks that may be involved are:
- promoting opportunities for consumers to get involved in Cochrane’s work;
- supporting consumers with getting involved in Cochrane’s work (e.g. identifying relevant resources and contacts within the organisations);
- advising Cochrane on consumer needs and priorities within their community;
- supporting Cochrane with the dissemination of Cochrane work relevant to the consumer communities;
- providing support to Cochrane Groups in finding relevant consumers to help support their work.
You are welcome to apply if you:
- have lived experience as a patient or family member/carer for a patient;
- are based in the UK;
- have a keen interest in being, or becoming, a consumer advocate in their own area (whether in your local area or for a particular health condition);
- are able to commit at least 4 hours a month to the role (maximum of 16 hours per month);
- have no conflicts of interest that would prevent you from participating in the role.
What will I receive for taking part?
Cochrane UK Consumer Champions will be given access to Cochrane resources. Cochrane UK will also provide remuneration for your involvement (full-day rate of £150 and half-day rate of £75) and cover reasonable expenses when attending a relevant meeting or event.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and send it to Marta Santos, Programme Support Officer at Cochrane UK: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 30th August 2020.